Term: January 1, 2017 to December 31, 2019
Departments & Boards
Doriann Kerber is the council representative for several departments and boards:
- Board of Education
- Department of Public Safety
- Department of Public Works and Recycling
- Department of Utilities
- Green Team
- Senior Citizen Advisory Committee
- Shade Tree Committee
Married for 15 years and resided in Milltown over 15 years. Rescue dogs are part of our family. I love how Milltown is a small community. Patriotism is visible and many people who visit tell me how they just love seeing so many flags on homes and on Main Street. An entrepreneur for over 10 years and 20 years in sales and customer service. I enjoy being a part of this community and expanding my knowledge at workshops and building relationships to see a better quality of life for Milltown. I will continue efforts to implement solutions, sharing resources and have businesses become more involved in our community as we continue outreach programs. Member of the Milltown Republican Committee, Middlesex County Republican Women’s Committee and Middlesex County Republican Organization.
Borough of Milltown, Councilwoman
Public Servant ready to assist residents on projects, requests, and concerns or issues which need my assistance. To move Milltown forward on improvements to Borough property and financing of projects by partnering with civic groups, Rutgers and/or applying for grants. Facilitator between universities/colleges, local businesses and the community to bring public safety, environmental awareness and educational outreach.
Chair of Milltown DPW/Open Space Projects Liaison with County Director 2017 and 2018
Initiated the NJ Clean Communities Clean Up – 2017 & 2018 with DPW Supervisor, Initiated with Chief & DPW Supervisor and public school assistance a Street Smart Campaign and Milltown was recipient 2018 NJ Smart Workplace Recipient through Keep Middlesex Moving pedestrian safety programs conducted with the community. Former Chair of Recreation Department, Environmental Health and Social Services, and Utility Department
Projects Accomplished through partnerships and teamwork
Facilitated with Rutgers and Board of Education to install 3 rain gardens for storm water management at both Parkview Elementary and Joyce Kilmer Middle Schools. Currently working with Rutgers Cooperative extension to present a Green Infrastructure Master Plan for Council approval. I initiated 4 Rain Gardens designs by Rutgers Cooperative Extension Water Resources Association with no cost to the Borough for storm water solutions at parks and the American Legion at Washington Avenue floodplain area.
Mayoral Wellness Campaign – possibly an annual event with Middlesex County Walk for Better Health & Fair held on 4/21/2018 with 100% of the proceeds going to the county food bank M.C.O.O.D.S./Feeding Middlesex County who support for over 100 county food banks.
Milltown Sub Committees
- Milltown Office on Aging 2018
- Milltown Green Team 2017 - 2018
- Milltown Shade Tree – 2015, 2017, 2018
- Milltown Revitalization Committee - Milltown Day Chairperson 2008-2013 & Council Liaison 2018
- Board of Education, 2018 & 2016
- Milltown Public Library 2017 - 2014
- Middlesex County Health & Wellness Council 2014-present
- Middlesex County Water Resources Association – Board Secretary, 2016-present
- Middlesex County Transportation Coordinating Advisory Committee – 2018
- Middlesex County Urban Forestry Advisory Committee – 2018
State & Other
- Jersey Water Works Member 2015 – present, statewide organization, Green Infrastructure and Municipal Outreach Committees
- Sustainable Jersey Middlesex County Hub 2016 - present
- Sustainable Task Force East Brunswick 2018 – present solar initiatives and electric charging station initiatives
- Speaker about Green Infrastructure in Edison, East Brunswick Environmental Commissions and at the East Brunswick Heath & Wellness Council for Sustainable Jersey Certification
- Lower Raritan Watershed Partnership Board Member 2018 and volunteer
- Municipal Seminars and courses: many workshops pertaining to GI and environment issues.
Milltown Chamber of Commerce, Board Secretary 2018, Hugs for Brady Foundation supporter and volunteer, Ronald Mc Donald House can tabs & caring cooks, Milltown Lions Club - President 2018-2019, ComforTree Cleaning – free house cleanings for cancer patients 2011-2015, MS Walk for Margaret, American Heart Walk, American Cancer Society Walk, and blood donor. Mill Inn Residents dinners during the hurricane.
- Bachelor of Science, Business/Management Science, Kean University
- Associates Degree, Union County College, Business/Computer Information Systems